Stop wasting everybody’s time.
- Do you differentiate? No!
- Do those Staff who are lazy, useless, tossers who suck the life from your school, but you can’t get rid of improve as a consequence? No!
- Do you waste a shit load of money? YES! in a 10 class primary, each staff meeting of 1 hour costs £350 in man hours.
Staff meetings serve two purposes:
- information giving & staff mood checking – that is what God gave us emails, surveys and shared calendars for.
- “training” – this is where staff behave like children and NOTHING is learned.
SCRAP THEM & DO SOMETHING MORE USEFUL INSTEAD
take the total cost:
30x£350 = £10500.
Make it available to staff to bid for part of that fund to pay for their own CPD which is linked to their Performance Management. Therefore;
- The best most inspired & driven teachers will devise personal or group learning plans at Maters level, all focussed on the improvement plan which you can fund easily with constructive alignment.
- The idle feckless jobsworths who believe they need something in addition to their salary of £30K+ to be ‘inspired’ will fail to develop or improve and become more shit. This will enable you to sack them for being measurably more shit than last year.
- If you do have to meet, for a whole school approach to something, do it standing up.
- Meet off site for regular beer or other soft beverage drinking ceremonies to build team spirit
That is all.
PS – Overalls would make far more sense as a a dress code for Primary teachers 😉